Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

If you disagree with or have questions about your estimated market value or classification, you can appeal it:

  1. Collect any information you have to show why you believe your estimated market value or classification is incorrect, such as recent appraisal of your property, recent sales of similar properties, etc. Contact Meridian Advisors to review this information and discuss how your market value was determined.
  2. Attend the annual Local Boards of Appeal and Equalization identified on your Notice of Valuation and Classification. Come prepared to present the information you collected regarding your value and / or classification. If you have further questions please contact Baldwin Township at (763) 389-8931.

More information on Appealing Property Value and Classification can be found on the MN Dept of Revenue website.

Further Action

If you are not satisfied with the action taken at the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization, then you may appear before the County Board of Appeal and Equalization at the Sherburne County Government Center.

Petitioning Minnesota Tax Court

You may directly petition to the Minnesota Tax Court. Tax Petitions may be filed after you receive your valuation and classification notice on or before April 30 of the year the taxes are payable. For more information, visit their website or call (651) 296-2806.